An integral part of the Carradale community, this hall was gifted to the village by local estate owners Dick and Naomi Mitchison.
The original building was once a mill, powered by a water wheel fed from a pond located across the road in Crow Wood. A second section was added in 1939 and through the years many improvements have been made.
The hall’s management committee recently registered the hall as a Scottish charity (number SC046722) and, as well as ensuring repairs to the structure are carried out, they have masterminded a process of continual improvement. With this in mind, the hall aims to be self-supporting and holds regular fundraising activities.
At one time regular ceilidhs were held here, as well as weekly movie screenings. Today the hall is still a popular venue and, although the focus may have moved to events such as music festivals, plays and photography exhibitions, it is still very much the focal point for people living in Carradale.
Being located in the heart of the village, in a quiet setting with its own car park, the hall is also a popular venue for weddings, civil partnership ceremonies, parties and receptions.
As well as a 150-guest capacity and facilities for disabled users, the hall has a stage for live music performances, with an in-house PA system and speakers, a separate bar area and a well-equipped kitchen.
There is also a marquee available to hire, which may be erected outside the hall.
Regarded by many as one of the best village halls in all of Kintyre, it always offers a warm welcome for locals and visitors from around the world.
Address: Carradale Village Hall, Carradale, PA28 6QG
Telephone for bookings: 01583 431115
© Copyright East Kintyre Community